There is a slight change in the time of the first session of the Portrait Workshop we announced in February. This Thursday, April 12th we have a room booked from 12:30 pm (not 12 pm) to 5:00 pm
Bring whatever gear you would like to try out, including reflectors, strobes, modifiers, backdrops, … We will all take turns being models and photographers.
See you on Thursday.
At our April 6th meeting, David Haggarty mentioned that Richard Martin will be giving a presentation titled:
The Photographer’s Eye: Inspiration by Colour, Texture and Light
at Clark Hall in the RA Centre 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa.
- Thursday, May 24, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
- Club Members: $25 non-Members: $30
- By Phone: (613) 733-5100
- In Person: RA Centre Member Services Desk
- Online: www.racentre.com/playra
- Tickets also available at the door
The gallery of images from March’s Library Shootout is now online here.
Challenge Week 8 by Ron Pierce
Click here to see a slideshow of the last four weeks of our recent winter challenge with themes: Still Life, After Dark, Red, and Circles or Curves.
Old White Pass Steam Train by Peter von Moos
The gallery of images from March’s Old Images is now online here.
Here are some videos I chose with tips on portrait photography:
The Beaverbrook Library Shootout on February 23rd was a great success. The album of member images is available here.
From Alexandra Leask at Henry’s:
I’m emailing to personally invite you to an in store only friends & family event Henry’s is holding this Saturday, April 7th. We don’t have any details on pricing from our vendors yet, but there are supposed to be some pretty incredible one day only sales.
I wanted to make sure you knew about the event, we also want to extend the invitation to attend to the rest of the Kanata Seniors Camera Club as you guys and your members have always been so nice to have us out to talk each year. And it’s always fun talking photography with you.
If you have any questions please contact with Jen or Alexandra at Henry’s Kanata.
RicharD Murphy has provided a copy of the slides from his March 2nd presentation on Digital Asset Management which you can review here.
He also made these recommendations for bulk file renaming programs:
- Renaming software for PC:
- Renaming software for Mac:
- Rename (discontinued – still works great)
- Mac OS X Yosemite and newer will rename files in bulk via the Finder. Select files to rename, Right Click ( Command Click ) and choose ‘Rename Items’
- Also, Adobe Bridge will batch rename files on both Mac & PC, and Lightroom can rename files on import.
Thanks again RicharD.
The next Camera Club meeting with be held on Friday, April 6th at 9:15 AM.
Our meeting will include:
- Slide show of Member Images from the Old Photographs Assignment
Old Truck by Amy Lo
- Slide show of Member Images from the Beaverbrook Library Shootout
Beaverbrook Library Nostalgia by Peter von Moos
- Slide show on Winter Photo Challenge – Part 2
- Phil’s Tip of the Day on Portrait Photography
- Presentation on Digitizing Photos by Jim Leask
- Review of Chosen Photos
- Announcements and Closing Remarks
Your images for the assignment must be emailed by noon on Friday, March 30th to be included in the slide show. For details on how to submit photos including formats and titles go to our Galleries page.
Don’t forget about the Portrait Workshops being held at the Kanata Seniors Centre on April 12th, May 3rd and June 5th.
The next assignment is Spring and pictures from this assignment will be shown at the May 4th meeting.
See you at the meeting.
Your Camera Club Executive